PEERS® for College Students and Adults
Explore PEERS® programs for Adults in college and beyond!
Introducing a supplemental program for unique learners to help achieve success in school, work, and life through world-renowned, evidence-based social skills treatment to adolescents and adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety, depression, and other socio-emotional problems.
In PEERS® for Adults, the following skills will be learned and expanded on:
- Development and maintenance of friendships
- Improve conversational skills
- Navigate entering & exiting conversations
- Use humor appropriately
- Communicate electronically
- Improve dating skills
- Organize social gatherings
- Handle direct and indirect bullying
- Manage disagreements effectively
- Handle dating pressure with confidence
PEERS® for Adults is an evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated adults who are interested in making and keeping friends and/or developing romantic relationships.
How it works:
- 16-weekly group sessions for 90 minutes per week.
- Social skills are taught through didactic lessons and role-play demonstrations.
- Hands-on practice is facilitated during group socialization activities.
- Social coaches learn to help adults make and maintain friendships and romantic relationships in separate concurrent sessions.
What are the participation requirements?
- Have friendship problems
- Adults ages 18+ years old; graduated from high school
- Adults must be interested in attending the program
- Adults must consistently attend the program
- Adults must agree to participate voluntarily in the program
- Adults must have a consistent social coach willing to attend the program each week